The Stafford County Republican Committee is proud to announce the Annual Stafford Republican Committee Scholarship will continue for 2018.
The Stafford County GOP is offering a one-time scholarship of at least $2000 open to any eligible Stafford County Senior enrolled in a course of study leading to college enrollment in the fall of 2018.
All submissions will be evaluated by the Stafford County Republican Committee. Content will be evaluated to ensure conformance to rules, grammar, critical thinking, originality, accuracy, and analysis. If any element contains plagiarism or collusion – the entire submission packet is ineligible. The scholarships subcommittee decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
- The essay must be submitted as a Word document (in .doc or .docx format).
- The essay must be submitted and received no later than June 30, 2018 in electronic form, via email, to GOPScholarship2018@gmail.com or by physical media such as a thumb drive. The application and essay must be included in the submission. Finalists will be notified as to the procedure for providing a signed release. For students under 18 years of age as of June 30, 2018, the release must also be signed by a parent or guardian. For those submitting via a physical media such as a thumb drive, the procedure will be posted under the SCRC tab on the Stafford County Republican Committee web page (staffordgop.com) or mail to Stafford GOP, Box 2461, Stafford, VA 22555.
- Any Stafford resident attending public or private High School Senior or homeschool equivalents are eligible.
- At the time of award, the recipient must provide proof of college acceptance.
- Any submission missing any of the elements (application, essay, and signed release) will not be considered.
- Any submission not within the word limits are ineligible.
- Submissions shall not include tangible or intangible references that discriminate against any race, religion, national origin, or another student or group of students. Those that do will not be considered.
- All submissions will be in English
- All submissions must be able to be released publically to media outlets.
- Plagiarism will disqualify a submission.
- Collusion. Submissions are to be completed by a single student. Group submissions or collaboration is not permitted.
- Family members of the Stafford County Republican Committee Scholarship Committee or members of the Stafford County Republican Committee Executive Board are ineligible for consideration.
- Close Date: The close date for the Submission is 30 June 2018 at 5pm EST. Finalists will be announced by July 15th. The winner is to be announced by Aug 1st.